Home Forums Assembly/Setup No network at start up

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Siggi
    Participant

Hi

I’m having an issue where the network services don’t start up. This problem happened after a test experiment was run, so the whole system was set up fine and tested but after being left on overnight (with no experiment running), no connection can be established via 192.168.7.1 or 192.168.7.2 neither ping nor ssh. I’ve flashed the OS back on and the problem persists, I can access the BeagleBone system by connecting it to with a screen and keyboard but I’m unable to find the source of the issue.

Sigurdur Sigurdsson
    CyanoCapture

harrison
    Keymaster

Hi siggi

Thats a strange one. Have you tried connecting it to a DIFFERENT PC/Laptop? If you have flashed it there should be few possibilities for the software on the Beaglebone to go wrong, and rather more likely seems the host PC is playing up.
    I’d try a separate computer (and use a different mini USB cable for good measure) to get it to connect. It might be that your current computer has for some reason blocked it with antivirus or such, though I have not seen that happen particularly frequently.

Harrison

Siggi
    Participant

Hi Harrison, tried that too. Connected both via usb ssh and serial and then ethernet to a desktop and laptop. It seems that no network is started at all. What’s really strange is that when I go into the /etc/ folder there doesn’t seem to be any bb-boot file there, I’m just accessing the system with a directly connected screen and keyboard. I have the beaglbone on my local network now so I’m just running it like that now.

Siggi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to top