Home Forums Software Network error

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mpatterson
    Participant

Hi,

We’ve been having an issue with a PuTTY fatal error. Sometimes when running Chi.Bio for long experiments, they are interrupted by this error. There is a popup labeled “PuTTY fatal error” and the error message is that there was a problem with network connectivity and the software connection was aborted. This always happens overnight, usually on weekends. The PuTTY terminal is unresponsive, and I have to eject and re-plug in the control computer USB before I can use a PuTTY terminal window to restart Chi.Bio. We always assumed this was a problem with internet connection. After we first bought the instrument, it was connected to wifi. Now it is connected via ethernet, and while this error occurs less frequently it does still happen sometimes and interrupts long experiments. Is there any way to keep Chi.Bio running without an internet connection?

harrison
    Keymaster

Hello,
    I think it is a failure in the USB connection between the Beaglebone and the host PC. One thing you might try is putting independent power into the beasglebone (it has a port for this); if the beaglebone is doing a lot of calculations it MIGHT draw too much power over USB and crash, so supplying independent power would fix this. Try that first, as well as getting a new USB cord (as short as possible) to link two.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to top