Home Forums Hardware Failed Pumps comms

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chowe
    Participant

I purchased my chi bio pre-assembled and just started working with it. I had it working successfully yesterday and now today right after transferring it to a new table I noticed a very small amount of liquid on the outside of the glass vial and on the heat/stir plate in the bottom of the device. I quickly wiped it up but now I cannot get the device to work anymore. I have tried wiping the moisture sensor track with alcohol, switching cables, and restarting everything but it does not want to work. Is there anything else I can try? My putty terminal is showing this now:

“Starting watchdog
    Initialising devices
    Failed Pumps comms 1 times on device M0

Shutting down: Master
    Reason: App failed to load.”

Thanks.

harrison
    Keymaster

Likely that liquid is the issue. There is also a moisture sensor track half way down into the device (you can see if it you look into the top). Try a cotton bud with alcohol to wipe that. It has a lower surface too, so if that doesn’t work you would have to take two sides off to get at the underside. We strongly recommend using rubber O-rings in the lids to prevent any possible overflow so this doesn’t happen, since it is super annyoing!

chowe
    Participant

I’ve done a thorough clean of all of the moisture sensors and I’m still getting the same error. I’ve changed the code in app.py to prevent the connection to ‘Pumps’ device and then it is successful in initializing the chibio, however when trying to switch on the devices online, only the red laser and heating appear to be working while the stirring and LED’s do not seem to work. Is there a workaround I could use in the code to prevent the moisture sensor issue? Right now I only need OD, heating, and stirring so if I could get those working that would be great. I’m still waiting to hear back from LabMaker to get help on this issue.

harrison
    Keymaster

Hello,

If the heating is working then there LEDs/stirring should also work since they are controlled by the same PWM chip – that is, if the reason was to do with the digital communications.
    So, if you see that some of those parts are working but not others it seems to point to some deeper hardware issue / fault in the device. Perhaps the 6V power regulator on the board is broken. I am afraid it is a challenge that you would need to get from Labmaker. Try emailing their support@labmaker address.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to top