Home Forums Assembly/Setup Cannot establish communication durting setup

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    yzhang
    Participant

Seeking help for establishing communication between PC and Chi Bio.
    Setup Chi Bio according to the software manual 1.2.4. It seems that the comunication between PC and the control computer cannot be established while all steps before software manual 1.2.4 were completed. The putty prompt was “Network error: connection timed out”. The communication was once estabilished when first received the Chi Bio directly from Labmaker. No more communication could be established when the micro SD card was ready to be plugged in.

harrison
    Keymaster

Hello Yzhang,

Did you ever get it to communicate with the Control Computer via Putty? If not – then my best guess would be that you haven’t got appropriate drivers for the Beaglebone Black on your PC. The Beaglebone itself is an off-the-shelf part, so if you cannot communicate to that either it is a driver issue, or (perhaps, but seems very unlikely) the Beaglebone has a manufacturing fault.
    Can you get it to connect on a different PC?

yzhang
    Participant

Yes. Communication was once established using a newer PC where the beaglebone driver was not installed probably due to security issue. Logging in info was requested back then and it seemed that we can enter the system but the chi bio operation system was not there. I had to use a older computer where the driver for beaglebone could be successfully installed and we also have the micro SD card ready this time. But surprisingly, now I cannot establish communication in either computer I had.

harrison
    Keymaster

OK. If you have a SD card can you follow version 2 of the software setup guide? This will completely flash the beaglebone with both operating system and software. In theory it doesn’t require you to log into the beaglebone, just power it on with the SD card inserted. Then, you can remove the SD card and connect it as before.

wanggang
    Participant

I encountered the same problem as the original poster, and on the website provided by step 1.2.1, https://beagleboard.org/getting-started #Troubleshooting.

wanggang
    Participant

Hello, how do I download the driver? Also, after inserting the SD card, I still cannot connect to the Putty. Do I have a problem with the operation?

harrison
    Keymaster

Hello,
    You need to go through the software instructions step by step. For example the SD card is just used for flashing the memory of the device, and so indeed it shouldn’t work right after you plug in the SD card (since it will be doing the flashing). The driver for the BEAGLEBONE is computer-dependent and is not something we designed – it is just standard Beaglebone. For this you’d need to look online at what is compatible with your PC (which I have no knowledge of)

wanggang
    Participant

Is this image of Linux and Uboot both burned?

wanggang
    Participant

I think there is a problem with my controller. I first downloaded Chibio-OS-OS-2021-06-18.IMG, and then wrote it into Balenaetcher’s SD card, and then inserted the SD card into the controller. What should I do if the controller is not available? On the other hand, please forgive me to ask a stupid question. After connecting Chibio to the PC, do I need to operate V2.3 based on Chibio software? In 1.2, “Install Drivers for the Beaglebone on Your PC. These Can be doubleded for various operating systems Here: https://beagleboard.org/getting-started #Troubleshooting”, I can’t confirm which driver I have downloaded on this website. Thank you for your reply!

harrison
    Keymaster

Basically if you can’t get the beaglebone to talk to your PC (i.e. you cant Putty SSH into it) then the problem is in the beaglebone driver, NOT in the CHi.BIo operating system itself. The CHi.BIo operating system says nothing about how your PC and the beaglebone should interact. I’d recommend taking your control computer and trying it on some different computers to see if it works on ANY of them, and if it does it tells you the beaglebone is working fine and the PC needs tweaking

wanggang
    Participant

Thank you for your reply, I didn’t change other PCs, but I tried to write different mirrors to the SD card, and then inserted it into the controller and connected the computer. Now the problem seems more serious, because my PC cannot recognize the hardware, after I Inserted the Controller into the PC, The Device Manager port Reported An Error, “This hardware is not connected to the computer (cous de 45) “. When I Change a Computer, the device manager does not add any device (port). I’m not sure where the problem is.

harrison
    Keymaster

OK – suggest you go back to make a fresh micro SD card with the flasher, flash it once only and give it plenty of time at each step (e.g. very important not to de-power it half way through or unplug it), and then try to flash it and connect to DIFFERENT PC’s. If it absolutely doesnt work and somehow the beaglebone has been corrupted beyond repair you may need to get another one…

wanggang
    Participant

Okay, I think it might be damaged. Because it does not work, there is no response after the Circuit Board is connected to the computer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to top