Home Forums Hardware 30mL Glass Vials supplier/manufacturer

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark@LaTrobe
    Participant

Hi all

We are having some trouble getting the exact recommended glass vials from Fisher Scientific here in Australia.

Thermofisher scientific Australia directed us to these from Kimble: https://www.dwk.com/kimble-clear-sample-vial-30-ml-case-of-576-22-400-60910c-8

and while they are of the same volume and shape the vials are just slightly too wide to easily slide into the bioreactors. We pushed some down the bioreactors and ended up having to use a pair of pliers to pull the tubes out.

Interestingly the tubes that came with the bioreactors from LabMaker fit very nicely.

We are wondering whether others are having similar issues with the tubes? Which suppliers are you buying from?

Best wishes

Mark

La Trobe Petrovski lab

harrison
    Keymaster

This is a tricky one, Mark. We sized the reactors to fit exactly with the ones on fisher, since one needs a nice close fit so there is little possibility of mis-alignment.
    If you buy small quantities of the (theoretically) the same vials from other locally available manufactuers you can probably find something that fits. If all else fails we could ship you 20 or something Fisher ones.

Mark@LaTrobe
    Participant

Thanks. I have contacted a few local suppliers to ask for some samples, and I have also contacted Fisher Scientific UK to see if they ship to Australia. Thank you for your kind offer and I will let you know.

Tom@CSIRO
    Participant

Wondering if this ever got resolved? I’ve exactly the same issue elsewhere in Aus

harrison
    Keymaster

Hello all,
    In practice the primary requirement is the diameter that must be 24.5mm or less to fit in the device. You could therefore find similar tubes from other manufacturers with claimed 24mm diameter and see if they work?

Tom@CSIRO
    Participant

Mark@LaTrobe actually reached out to me directly. The solution they arrived at was to convince the local thermo sales rep to source the correct tubes from Fischer in the UK. I’ve 16 reactors so really only need one box of spares.

harrison
    Keymaster

Great, thanks for sharing. It does sound like a weird system on behalf of Fisher to not sell certain items in certain geographies (those tubes are used very widely in the UK for all kinds of laboratory work/samples…)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to top